Graduate students who are admitted to Communications Management and iMBA distance degree programs may be eligible for financial aid through University College. Nonmatriculated and Certificate students are eligible only for private/alternative educational loans. Some lenders used by Syracuse University students are listed on Syracuse University’s ELM Select List. Students are not limited to those listed.
Graduate students who meet most of the following requirements may be eligible for financial aid if they file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA):
Additional Requirements for Graduate Financial Aid
- Be enrolled in courses taken at Syracuse University only. For federal student loans, enrollment of at least six credits per semester is required†.
- Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible noncitizen with a valid Social Security number.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Be making satisfactory progress in your program of study.
- Not owe an overpayment on any Title IV grant or loan and not be in default on a Title IV loan.
- Register with the selective service, if required.
- Meet the financial aid application deadlines for University College aid.
† If enrolled in less than six credits, students may apply for private/alternative educational loans.
Communication Management and iMBA programs are not accepting admissions applications.
Types of Aid Available: