Financial Aid

Make Your Syracuse Degree Affordable

FAQs Undergraduate Financial Aid  Graduate Financial Aid Apply / Renew Financial Aid Financial Aid Literacy Satisfactory Academic Progress

Do you want to attend college and finding your lack of financial resources causing hesitation? If you need financial aid to cover your educational expenses, applying for federal student aid for adult students  can offer a solution.

All students requesting financial aid must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)  each academic year. All FAFSA forms must be completed online (SU College code 002882).

Students must be registered for 6 credit hours each semester to be eligible for federal student loans, as well as to remain in deferment status of prior federal student loans.

Any tuition expenses (including fees) not covered by financial aid are the responsibility of the student, and will be billed on the next billing date of that semester. It is the student’s responsibility to work with the UC Financial Aid office regarding impacts enrollment changes may have to financial aid.

Any financial aid indicated as a Payment Award during registration is based on the student having completed certain Financial Aid To Do List items. It is in no way an indication that aid will be awarded. The registration system recognizes the student has submitted a FAFSA. Syracuse University provides this payment award option as a courtesy to allow the student to complete the registration process while awaiting a financial aid award. The amount of any actual financial aid awarded may be less than indicated, or in some cases no aid will be awarded.


For information or assistance about financial aid, reference Undergraduate Financial Aid or Graduate Financial Aid pages to review your available options, or contact the University College Financial Aid Office regarding any further questions.

Financial Aid Office