Prior Learning Credit

University College recognizes that adult students may bring with them transfer credits from accredited American colleges and universities, credits from approved institutions in other countries, performance in college-level or proficiency examinations, and/or prior college-level learning gained from work and life experiences.

Students must be matriculated into the Bachelor of Professional Studies (BPS) degree program, have junior standing, and a minimum 2.0 cumulative grade point average. Each degree program has specific requirements regarding prior learning. Contact your University College advisor for information on the availability of prior learning in your degree program.

You must be able to document a minimum of five years of professional experience and/or community service. You will be required to submit an application, resume, and narrative of what prior learning you believe you possess and how it is applicable to your degree program. You will also be required to document your training and include an annotated bibliography.

Your University College academic advisor will work with you to oversee the prior learning application process.