It doesn’t matter where you started your degree – you can finish it at Syracuse University!

The credits you earned at other accredited institutions (including community colleges) may be transferable to SU.

Applicants who wish to continue their studies at Syracuse University on a part-time basis do so through University College. If you are applying as a part-time undergraduate student, you must have previous college experience and plan to enroll at SU for 11 or fewer credits per semester.

Flexible Course Formats

Degree programs can be completed part time by taking campus courses or through a variety of flexible course formats (including Accelerated, Condensed, Online, and Weekend). We welcome transfer students from colleges across the country in almost all undergraduate programs of study.

Transfer Agreements

Syracuse University has transfer articulation relationships with a select number of colleges. If you are attending a college that is currently not on the Articulation Agreements list, you should consult the UC Academic Advising Office for proper course scheduling and advising when considering a transfer to Syracuse.

Transfer Credits

Syracuse University grants transfer credit  based on the content of courses previously completed, their applicability to the intended program, and the quality of the student’s performance. Credit is allowed only for those courses in which a grade of C or better has been earned.

Students may transfer:

  • Credits from accredited American colleges and universities
  • Credits from approved institutions in other countries
  • Credits from external examinations
  • Extra-institutional learning

Undergraduate students must take at least 30 credit hours of coursework at Syracuse University in order to be granted an SU degree. SU will accept a maximum of 66 semester credit hours from two-year colleges and will grant a maximum of 90 semester credit hours from four-year colleges. View Academic Rules and Regulations for more information about transferring college credit to Syracuse University.

Experiential Learning Credits

Determining if you are eligible to to be assessed for experiential learning credit is a highly individualized process that will offer you the opportunity to petition for college credit for the knowledge, training, and skills you have previously gained through a broad range of experiences outside of the traditional academic setting.

Students should first work with their academic advisor to determine if they are a good candidate for pursuing experiential learning credit.

Learn more about experiential learning credit

Get more information on how you can attend Syracuse:

If you want to explore the possibilities or get started as a part-time student at Syracuse University, you have a few options:

  • Attend an Information Session online or at University College at 700 University Avenue. Weekday, evening, and weekend options are available.
  • Drop in any weekday between 2 and 4 p.m. and meet one-on-one with academic and financial aid advisors.
  • Call us at 315.443.3261 to speak to an advisor.
  • Call for more information: 315.443.9378 or use our Request Information form.

Intra-University Transfers

The Bachelor of Professional Studies requires a 2.5 GPA for an intra-university transfer. For more information, contact the Student Academic Services office.