- HEOP students must be New York State Residents
- HEOP Freshman students:
- Must be first-time college students.
- Must have graduated from high school with a 4-year average between 70 and 84.5, or have earned a GED or a vocational diploma.
- Must meet the economic guidelines for freshman eligibility (See guidelines below).
- HEOP Transfer students:
- Must have prior participation in a HEOP, EOP, SEEK or College Discovery program at your previous college.
- Must have verification of your HEOP, EOP, SEEK or College Discovery status.
- Must meet the admission requirement for the program you are applying to at SU.
Economic Guidelines for HEOP Freshman Eligibility
Economic eligibility is based on state-mandated, low-income guidelines. Academic criteria are determined by the individual HEOP institutions.
For Students Entering College on or after July 1, 2020
|Number in Household (incl. Head of House)||2020-2021 Total Annual Income based on 2018 tax year|
|1||$23,606 or less|
|2||$31,894 or less|
|3||$40,182 or less|
|4||$48,470 or less|
|5||$56,758 or less|
|6||$65,046 or less|
|7||$73,334 or less|
|8 or more||$81,622 (or less); plus $8,288 for each family number in excess of 8|
If you have any further questions, please contact the HEOP office.
HEOP and its activities are supported, in whole or in part, by the New York State Education Department.