- HEOP students must be New York State Residents
- HEOP Freshman students:
- Must be first-time college students.
- Must have graduated from high school with a 4-year average between 70 and 84.5, or have earned a GED or a vocational diploma.
- Must meet the economic guidelines for freshman eligibility (See guidelines below).
- HEOP Transfer students:
- Must have prior participation in a HEOP, EOP, SEEK or College Discovery program at your previous college.
- Must have verification of your HEOP, EOP, SEEK or College Discovery status.
- Must meet the admission requirement for the program you are applying to at SU.
Economic Guidelines for HEOP Freshman Eligibility
Economic eligibility is based on state-mandated, low-income guidelines. Academic criteria are determined by the individual HEOP institutions.
For Students Entering College on or after July 1, 2019
|Number in Household (incl. Head of House)||2019-2020 Total Annual Income based on 2017 tax year|
|1||$22,459 or less|
|2||$30,451 or less|
|3||$38,443 or less|
|4||$46,435 or less|
|5||$54,427 or less|
|6||$62,419 or less|
|7||$70,411 or less|
|8 or more||$78,403 (or less); plus $7,992 for each family number in excess of 8|
If you have any further questions, please contact the HEOP office.
HEOP and its activities are supported, in whole or in part, by the New York State Education Department.