The 18-week Web Development program will give you the hard skills and experience needed to build live web applications from start to finish. Taught by top practitioners, you will learn and use the critical industry tools and languages required to succeed as a software engineer, web developer, QA Engineer, and more, applicable in companies ranging from small startups through world class technology companies.
- An understanding of the fundamentals of computer science including algorithms, data architecture, and QA techniques, as well as the foundational knowledge allowing students to continue to learn as technology and tools change over time
- Experience with key methods and technologies, including
- Python, a very powerful programming language quickly rising in demand, used for many different applications from web development to data science and visualizations
- SQL, the standard language for manipulating and querying data in Relational Databases
- Git, the industry standard version control system used by developers around the world
- RESTful APIs, a web service used by nearly all web applications from Twitter, YouTube, and Facebook to up and coming projects the world over, allowing for applications to interact with other software and apps on the web
- A portfolio of projects including building web applications from the ground up, incorporating building and interacting with databases, connecting to external APIs, ultimately creating accessible, working web applications
- Real world experience working with top technology companies and professionals
This course is perfect for those who are new to programming, have experience programming in other web languages, or have experience in software development but are looking for expertise in web-based programming.