“Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young.” – Henry Ford
Orange Academy online noncredit courses offer high engagement learning opportunities in a low stress academic environment for adults and high school students to pursue a passion or interest. All courses are taught and supported by Syracuse University faculty and instructors.
There are no exams, graded papers or prerequisites for Orange Academy courses, giving you the opportunity to advance your knowledge in a welcoming and undemanding setting.
- Online noncredit course offerings in a wide range of disciplines lets you choose something that sparks your interest.
- Most courses are 4- or 8-weeks in length.
- Weekly virtual class meetings allow you to engage directly with your professor and fellow classmates.
- Eligibility: Ages 14+ (Select programs are for ages 18+)
- 15% discount for SU alumni
- Remitted Tuition cannot be used towards noncredit courses.
- Seats are limited. Enroll today!
Course Structure & Time Commitment
Most courses are 4- or 8-weeks in length, noncredit and are transcripted with ‘CA’ for Completed Attendance. After successfully completing the course, you will earn a certificate from Syracuse University and will have the option to purchase a noncredit transcript.
In class: These low-stake and low-cost courses include one 90-minute virtual weekly synchronous class where you will connect with your instructor and fellow classmates. While there are no quizzes, exams, or graded papers, there will be the opportunity for faculty and instructors to provide feedback on your progress, skill development and overall learning.
Outside of class: You will be assigned additional readings, videos and assignments to do each week on your own which help inform the discussion in the following week’s class session. You can expect to have between one and three hours of work per week in addition to the 90-minute weekly synchronous (live) class session.