About the International Year One (iY-1) Program
The iY-1 Program offers international students unprecedented access to U.S. higher education. Syracuse University, in partnership with Interlearn, Inc., has developed a special blended learning first-year university curriculum for students in designated countries. This program provides students with a practical education and does not require standardized English testing or the traditional college application process.
International students who qualify for this program begin Syracuse University classes in their home countries, usually their hometowns, taking credit-bearing courses, language lessons and culture and study skill modules from Syracuse University faculty and local teachers. Upon successful completion of the program and requirements met, students progress to the Syracuse University campus in the U.S. where they complete their undergraduate degree.
Key benefits of the iY-1 Program:
- TOEFL/IELTS exempt. As with our traditional undergraduate requirements for international students, this program is SAT/ACT exempt.
- Begin first year university in your home country. For year two, you will arrive in the U.S. prepared to continue building your academic and professional future.
- Hybrid learning offers convenience and quality. Study with local instructors teaching face-to-face in small groups and online with Syracuse professors’ lectures and office hours.
- Syracuse status and admission. Students receive Syracuse accounts, official transcripts, admission letters and all Syracuse University online resources while in this program.
- Real Syracuse University courses and credits. Courses are taught directly by Syracuse University professors with all credits applicable toward your degree. Syracuse University is a highly ranked institution whose credits and degrees are recognized globally.
- Save cost and save time. Spend less on first-year tuition and living expenses. High school students can begin in 12th grade, reducing college time and furthering lowering cost.
How it works
- September: Begin your first year of undergraduate courses in your home country
- Continue college summer session in the U.S. on the Syracuse University campus
- Begin second undergraduate year at Syracuse University with 30 credits
Interested in applying?
The application for the 2022 academic year will be available in early November of 2021.
A welcome from the Dean: