Develop Essential Skills for a Career in Information Technology
At the heart of our digital economy are businesses that are working to leverage technology, data, and information systems to gain a strategic advantage in their industry.
That’s why experts with a combination of business leadership and technical know-how are in such high demand. Our Information Management and Technology program is designed to give you the knowledge and skills you need to thrive in these fast-paced and rewarding careers.
- Explore topics like cybersecurity, machine learning, AI, and cloud computing
- Gain website design and development expertise
- Expand your business, leadership and strategy expertise
- Learn about data analytics, project management and more
- Graduate with the most in-demand skill set in the market today
The degree requirements for this program can be completed fully online with interactive live sessions, allowing you to interact with your professor and fellow classmates. Local students also have the opportunity to take a blend of on-campus and online courses, depending on your availability and preferences. A minimum of 120 credits is required to complete the degree. Contact an academic advisor for questions regarding the courses and formats that suit your requirements and schedule.
For admission to the Bachelor of Information Management and Technology degree program, you must meet these basic admission requirements:
- High school diploma or GED, or official transcripts from all previous higher education institutions attended
- For students transferring college credit, minimum 2.5 grade point average
- For students with no college credit to transfer, high school transcript must be submitted with application
- In certain instances, the admission committee may request letters of recommendation
- Consultation with an advisor (may be conducted by telephone)
Start Terms and Deadlines:
- Spring, Summer and Fall semester start terms.
- Application deadlines:
- Fall 2021: August 9, 2021
- Spring 2022: December 28, 2021
- Summer 2022: April 25, 2022
- Students may take courses, with advisement, on a non-matriculated basis to demonstrate academic ability for admission
- No more than 30 credits gained through testing (CLEP) may be applied toward the program
- To be accepted for transfer, courses must: show a grade of C (2.0) or better; have been taken at an accredited college or university; and fit degree requirements
- Where a grade of “pass” has been earned in a course, the school where the grade was earned must certify that a pass is equivalent to a C or higher
Bachelor of Science in Information Management and Technology Degree Requirements
To be awarded the bachelor of information management & technology degree, you must meet these minimum degree requirements:
- Up to 90 credits can be transferred, including 66 credits from a junior college
- Minimum C average (2.0) required for graduation
- Minimum 2.5 grade point average in courses offered by the School of Information Studies
- At least 30 credits must be taken as a part-time student at University College
- A minimum of 30 upper division credits is required
- 120 credits are required to complete the degree