Why is Knowledge Management in High Demand?
Technological advancements have changed the world, and the abundance of data generated throughout today’s organizations must be maintained, managed, and channeled into meaningful insights. Knowledge Management has become an essential skill in our data-driven society, and employers demand high-level knowledge and proficiencies in their workforce.
Syracuse University’s 120-credit Bachelor of Professional Studies (BPS) degree and 15-credit certificate* in Knowledge Management encompasses the entire range of skills you need to effectively manage the technology and data that is prevalent in today’s industries and organizations. These part-time programs are available fully online with interactive live sessions, or in a blended format of online and on-campus classes.
Learn how our Bachelor of Professional Studies degrees are differentiated from the University’s BA and BS degrees in important and necessary ways here.
Knowledge Management Program Objectives:
- Analyze the role of technology, its use as a resource in organizations and society, social media, data mining and data security
- Acquire the ability to decipher and use data available across multiple industry sectors in the economy – including health, energy, manufacturing and finance
- Critically and ethically assess big data
- Evaluate the benefits of knowledge management systems and supporting technological tools on organizational decision making and problem solving, communication among stakeholders within and between enterprises, and protection from digital intrusion and terrorism
- Analyze models of knowledge management to define how they will contribute to both ‘return of vision’ and ‘return of investment’ driving organizational success
Learn these in-demand skills:
- Data management and analysis
- Critical and ethical data assessment
- Financial applications
- Emerging technologies
- Collaborative problem solving
Students learn skills to succeed in positions like:
- Marketing Management
- Business Analyst
- Training and Development Manager
- Knowledge Management Specialist
- Database Administrator
Apply for Admission
If you are interested in earning a BPS degree or certificate* from Syracuse University, you will need to complete an Admissions Application. Admission to the certificate programs requires an associate degree or equivalent. Admission applications are reviewed on a continuing basis, so you can submit an application at any time.
Enroll in a Class
If you aren’t ready to apply for admission to the BPS, you can get started by taking just one or two classes. You do not have to apply for admission or submit a transcript in order to enroll a class. Classes are offered in a variety of delivery methods, including online, on-campus, and in different lengths including 8- and 12-week sessions, for example.
Once you select your course(s) of interest, you will need to register via myslice.syr.edu
The Bachelor of Professional Studies requires a 2.5 GPA for an intra-university transfer. For assistance, contact the Student Academic Services office.
Out-of-State Students Interested in an Online Program from University College of Syracuse University please note:
Syracuse University complies with authorization requirements in every state and the District of Columbia through participation in the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (SARA), specific-state authorization, or because our activities do not require authorization. SARA establishes uniform standards for distance education for all participating states and institutions.