Why are Creative Leadership Skills in High Demand?
There is high demand for effective leaders in today’s workplace. Good leadership goes far beyond core skills in management and supervision – it requires strategic thinking, agility in adapting to rapidly changing business goals and exceptional interpersonal skills with a multigenerational workforce.
Syracuse University’s 120-credit bachelor degree and 15-credit certificate* in Creative Leadership encompasses the entire range of skills you need to take on a leadership role in today’s organizations. These part-time programs are available fully online with interactive live sessions, or in a blended format of online and on-campus classes.
Learn how our Bachelor of Professional Studies degrees are differentiated from the University’s BA and BS degrees in important and necessary ways here.
Creative Leadership Program Objectives:
- Acquire the skills to build and lead effective and diverse teams in a local and global workforce
- Build professional networks and relationships
- Develop skills for creative conflict resolution, communication, presentational speaking, writing and research, negotiation and problem solving
- Assess an organization’s culture, the dynamics of power within the organization and strengths/weaknesses of its leaders
- Implement, develop and oversee work processes based on desired outcomes
- Apply creative leadership tools and thinking for assessing industry trends, forecasting, decision making, strategic planning and managing risk to develop appropriate solutions
Learn these in-demand skills:
- Managing a local and global workforce
- Strategic thinking and planning
- Cooperative negotiation and conflict resolution
- Information reporting and presentation
- Technology innovation
- Organizational leadership
Students learn skills to succeed in positions like:
- Client Relationship Associate
- Marketing Analytics Manager
- Demand Generation Manager
- Administrative Services Manager
- Training and Development Specialist
As a part time student, you have the option of applying to a degree program or simply taking a class that interests you. Follow these steps to get started.
Apply for Admission
If you are interested in earning a bachelor degree or certificate* from Syracuse University, you will need to complete an admissions application. Admission to the certificate programs requires an associate degree or equivalent. Admission applications are reviewed on a continuing basis, so you can submit an application at any time.
Enroll in a Class
If you aren’t ready to apply for admission to the BPS, you can get started by taking just one or two classes. You do not have to apply for admission or submit a transcript in order to enroll a class. Classes are offered in a variety of delivery methods, including online, on-campus, and in different lengths including 8- and 12-week sessions, for example.
Once you select your course(s) of interest, you will need to register via myslice.syr.edu
The Bachelor of Professional Studies requires a 2.5 GPA for an intra-university transfer. For assistance, contact the Student Academic Services office.
Out-of-State Students Interested in an Online Program from University College of Syracuse University please note:
Syracuse University complies with authorization requirements in every state and the District of Columbia through participation in the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (SARA), specific-state authorization, or because our activities do not require authorization. SARA establishes uniform standards for distance education for all participating states and institutions.