Learn to Interpret and Translate Data into Market-Ready, Actionable Information
Tying together the fields of computer science, management, and business intelligence, the applied data and predictive analytics degree program will prepare budding analysts to derive insights from complex data.
- Learn broad skills in information systems, quantitative and qualitative analysis, and data graphics and visualization.
- Analyze data and perspectives from a variety of sources, translate the unstructured information into actionable findings and identify opportunities.
- Demonstrate the ability to discover insights, create powerful predictions and drive critical business decisions with measurable performance.
- Degree represents a partnership between the College of Professional Studies and the iSchool at Syracuse University.
Learn how our Bachelor of Professional Studies degrees are differentiated from the University’s BA and BS degrees in important and necessary ways here.
Request Info Curriculum Apply Now Tuition & Fees Technical Requirements
Applied Data and Predictive Analytics Learning Outcomes:
- Create data models and data warehouses
- Develop various digital graphics techniques and data visualization methods
- Demonstrate statistical and predictive/applied analytics methods and applications
Learn to Succeed in Positions Like:
- Marketing Managers
- Management Analysts
- Business Analysts
- Software Developers
- Project/Product Managers
- Market Research Analysts
- Data Scientist
- Data Engineer
Sample courses in the Business Management curriculum:
- IST 414 Data Driven Inquiry
- IST 407 Data Mining
- IST 421 Information Visualization
- PPM 325 Project Communications and Stakeholder Management
- KNM 310 Knowledge Capture and Codification
- IST 343 Data in Society
- IST 387 Introduction to Applied Data Science