The Creative Leadership minor is an interdisciplinary minor that gives students the opportunity to study creativity, leadership, communication and problem-solving issues. This minor contributes to creating future professionals with a breadth of interpersonal skills necessary to collaborate across industries. This minor requires completion of 18 credits.
- Explain the importance of professional relationships and networking
- Identify possible causes for conflict in professional situations and propose creative scenarios for resolution
- Apply knowledge gained to systematically problem-solve
Required courses (6 credits):
- CRL 301 – Introduction to Creative Leadership
- BPS 325 – Creative and Design Thinking for Professional Studies
Choose 4 classes (12 credits) from below:
- CRL 311 – Professional Issues in Creative Leadership
- CRL 313 – Strategic Leadership in Professional Studies
- BPS 317 – Assertiveness in the Workplace for Professional Studies
- BPS 382 – Leading Cooperative Negotiations
- BPS 415 – Digital and Business Communications for Professional Studies
- CRS 435 – Interviewing
- EEE 370 – Introduction to Entrepreneurship and Emerging Enterprises
- LGL 322 – Alternative Dispute Resolution
- BPS 342 – Customer Relations Leadership
- BPS 472 – Organizational Leadership
To be admitted to the program:
- 3.0 GPA (based on completion of 30 credits).
- Must enter program no later than first semester of junior year.
- The minor is open to Syracuse University undergraduate students in good standing with the approval of their home college. Not available for students in The Martin J. Whitman School of Management.