Thursday Morning Roundtable (TMR) is an award-winning public service program sponsored by University College of Syracuse University. TMR is a weekly civic forum bringing together a mix of citizens to learn about and discuss community issues and problems. Since its inception in 1965, TMR has delivered over 1,600 programs for its members, who represent a cross-section of business, non-profit, educational, and government organizations.
Thursday Morning Roundtable will resume in September and will have a new location at the Nancy Cantor Warehouse in Downtown Syracuse. More information is forthcoming.
TMR can be heard on WCNY-FM, 91.3, on Sundays at 8 p.m. and at http://www.wcny.org/radio/shows/tmr
Much of the value of TMR stems from the mix of participants and viewpoints. One of TMR’s objectives is to assemble a cross-section of citizens from business, government, and various types of nonprofit organizations. Regular attendance is expected and is considered critical to achieving the program’s objectives. It is important to not limit attendance to particular topics or speakers, as the greatest benefit often comes from presentations on topics that may not be familiar or of perceived personal interest.
TMR welcomes individuals who:
- Bring diversity of viewpoint to the Roundtable
- Exhibit interest in a broad range of social and public issues
- Have a reputation as a “doer” and will use information gained through TMR in the community
- Is a contributor to community endeavors
- Make a commitment to regular attendance
If you are interested in becoming a member, please:
- Submit the application below. You will also be asked to
- In the application, you will be asked to upload an up-to-date resume.
- In the application, you will be asked to upload letter of reference.
Applications are reviewed quarterly.